New app name?

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I'm thinking this needs a new name. Partly because the app is called various different things already (WallpaperFlickr, Flickr Wallpaper Rotator, et cetera) and partly because I don't think the current name particularly appeals to the people who like it most. Really the point of the app is to have pretty pictures appear on your desktop without you having to pick them, and the fact that they come from Flickr is incidental for most people.

Any ideas? I was thinking of "Wallpapr" but other ideas appreciated...

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:53 AM

BeautiFlickr? :)

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Just making notes to myself here, really, but I'm wondering whether it's worth centering on the "interesting photos from the last 7 days" default setup, and calling it "this week in the world", or "this week on flickr" or something like that.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Or "this week in pictures", "this week in wallpaper"... quite like the second one...

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Let's not limit it to something from *this* week. (See my DB thread) But I do agree with renaming it to something that just gives you the sense that it will keep your wallpaper fresh and entertaining. Maybe just drop "Flickr" from the name? 

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Actually, that would work well. Or something along the lines of "live wallpaper" or something akin to that...

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 7:36 PM

"Living Wallpaper"? Or perhaps "Wallpapr"?

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I'm tending towards "Wallpapr", partly due to affirmation from some people in the pub yesterday. Rush, what do you think?

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM

just a heads up: The weblink in setting dialogue needs to be updated to reflect the new name.

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM
srf21c wrote:

just a heads up: The weblink in setting dialogue needs to be updated to reflect the new name.

Whoops! Have fixed it.