NSFW Flag?

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Is there possibly a way to filter (or not) photos that are NSFW?  I want to run this thing at work, but there's been a few times now that I minimize all my windows while talking to someone, turn around to talk to them, and wonder what they're looking at on my screen, only to turn around and see a naked woman slumped over a bed, or similar.

Not arguing that these photos aren't well-done, or art, just saying that it'd be great if I could randomize my wallpaper without making people ask "What's uh... what's on your wallpaper, there?"

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

LOL - superb. And made all the more superb by the fact that I've been in exactly the same situation. When I connect my laptop to a projector, it defaults to using the projector as an extension of the screen and therefore the screen always starts off blank - or, that is to say, starts off with a full-screen copy of my wallpaper. I've taken to quitting Wallpapr before projecting.

Flickr (where the photos come from) does indeed have a NSFW setting - unfortunately, though, it's on by default. The images you're getting are the safe ones. Just search for something rude on flickr.com to discover just how many unsafe ones are up there, and just how lucky you were that the woman was merely slumped.

As far as I know there's no way to do what you're after, but if anyone finds one in the API then I'd be happy to help trying to implement it.

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Okay, so not just me, then. Was starting to wonder. Haven’t had anything TOO far off the road, but I’ve certainly had some moments of “Oh, what a beautiful photo - look at the way the light from the blinds plays across the curve of… her… uh… thighs… oh dear…” when the wallpaper changes.

What about some sort of –nothistag (like Google search operands)? Anything out there like that, perhaps?

I’ve started with disabling the wallpaper during meetings, and/or setting it to change less-often, but thanks for your reply.

JB

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 4:55 PM
To: zenrender@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: NSFW Flag? [wallpapr:344779]

LOL - superb. And made all the more superb by the fact that I've been in exactly the same situation. When I connect my laptop to a projector, it defaults to using the projector as an extension of the screen and therefore the screen always starts off blank - or, that is to say, starts off with a full-screen copy of my wallpaper. I've taken to quitting Wallpapr before projecting.

Flickr (where the photos come from) does indeed have a NSFW setting - unfortunately, though, it's on by default. The images you're getting are the safe ones. Just search for something rude on flickr.com to discover just how many unsafe ones are up there, and just how lucky you were that the woman was merely slumped.

As far as I know there's no way to do what you're after, but if anyone finds one in the API then I'd be happy to help trying to implement it.